Sunday, December 19, 2010

Confessions of a Shopaholic ღ

I would like thank everyone for their very sweet comments about my dog Lucky. Am truly thankful for such great and lovely readers.

I have been inactive for the past week due to work and just feeling glum. Today though, I decided to get out of a rut and spend a d
ay shopping with my good friend Zara - a dear close gal pal whom I've known since my uni days. We've shared so much together, even scoured the streets of London. I would like give a cyber kiss and hug to her. She is truly an amazing person and dear friend.



We went shopping today and picked up a couple of nice pieces. Who would have thought that Sydney has such amazingly cute dresses. The cu
rrent obsessions are polka dots, florals and bows. A girl can never be to old to not like floral, bows and polka dots. At least for this girl, I know I will never tire of them.

Just finished watching Confessions of a Shopaholic and such a funny movie for all of you who wants a funny, light hearted chic flick, then check this one out! Amazing outfits and funny slapsticks. Be warned though, not to be take
n seriously. This has an important moral to the story though. Shopping, just like anything is something that one should not do in excess. Forgiveness, love, family, friendships and relationships of course are the main priority.



Why do we shop?

I have this theory why us girls turn to shopping more so than others. Something to do with upbringing and the past. For me, I was brought up with 4 other siblings and while growing up as lovely and amazing my parents were they were unable to get me the wonderful girlie dresses that I wanted (violin playing). So when I began earning my own money I began to go make up for the loss time by stocking my wardrobe with pretty and girlie things. The movie hit so close to home. What is your story? x

Moving along..

My outfit for the day.
Dress: Valley Girl
Sandals: Rubi Shoes
Belt: Chinatown

As a few of you may know, the holiday season in Aust
ralia is a scorcher. It is summer time and out comes the cotton dresses, sandals and sunnies. In particular, I am setting my eyes on the below and am waiting ever so patiently for the end of year sale where hopefully the below will be marked down in price. I just hope that my size will still be available. If not then sadly they were never meant to be mine.


For all who are specially lucky to have white Chr
istmas. Am so extra happy for you! Cardigans, jumpers and boots with bows are just divine!

Drool worthy sandals from Marc Jacobs are number
one on my list.




In the mean time though, no harm getting
guilt free pieces from the local shops and of course Target. Oh thank you Target for hiring fashions buyers to bring us these cute dresses such as the below.




Dress: Target - Free Fushion size 6
Bag: Dangerfield

Ok the below was not from Target but what I purchased earlier with gal pal Zara but didn't have a chance to try on at the shop as for some reason Target has a far better change room. Polka dot short sleeved dress with a button up back.


Dress: George St Sydney

That's all for now. What have you been up to this weekends? Christmas is just around the corner and I think this year will a great one. Have a great weekend! Til next time. x

♥ ♥ ♥

19 comments:

christie said...

!!! I love the polka dot Zara dress- that is sooo sooo super cute. xx

Candice said...

How cute!! I love girlie dresses and those sandals are super adorable..unfortunately it's a tad too chilly to wear them now where I am, but when summer comes around, ooh yes, please!! :)
Your blog is so cute, dear! Thanks for the sweet comment and the follow :)

Chelsea Finn said...

I hope you are feeling better! I love that movie!
I also love girly things, ecspecially dresses with floral or polka dot patterns. I love your last dress, it is so cute. :)

<3Chelsea Elizabeth

cat said...

You look fab in both dresses! I am waiting for Boxing Day sales, then I'll be over at Sydney on New Years for more sales! Best time of the year! Woot woot! :D

Ashley Rae said...

My fave is the polka dot dress! It's so cute! Retail therapy is the best, isn't it?

Hope all is well!

--Ashley

araeofstyle.blogspot.com

Mary said...

I love this post and your polka dot dress!
I just found your blog,it's very nice!I added to your followers:)
xx Mary
fashionteaat5.blogspot.com

Sands said...

Hehe, love your outfit of the day and Confession of shopaholic is one of my fave movies! Isla Fischer is just too hilarious... :P

xo
Sealverland

Brooke T said...

Cute outfits! I love the first and last one :) SO PRETTY!

Nnenna said...

love the Marc Jacobs sandals!!

Ellen ♥ said...

Those sandals are cute :)

ellenreviews.blogspot.com

CHESCA said...

Thanks for checking out my song and my blog!

Great blog! Following back ;)

Marisa Noelle said...

I just love that George St. Sydney dress - adorable! And yes, those Mark Jacobs sandals are gorgeous - though it's freezing where I live so I can't even think about sandals right now. Thanks for your lovely comment. I'm following you now too:) xx Marisa

Kathleen said...

aw thank you lovely for following my blog! i really appreciate it :), and am now following yours too :). What a cute style you have, i really am loving those bow flats and the dresses are so pretty! aamazing, i always love Target :). You should check out Urban Outfitter's Kimchi Blue bow wedges, they're adorable too :).

<3, Kathleen.

Unknown said...

oh those dresses are so cute!! i love the last one the most the back detail is adorable, it is so so cold where i live right now but those sandals look awesome and make me wish for warmer weather!!

Unknown said...

awh you look sooosooo cute! those sandals are gorgeous <3 they're on my wishlist now too! confessions of a shopaholic is such a cute movie :)

xoxo

Angela said...

Oh I love all your purchases, and such cute sandals too!
Cute blog you have here, wanna follow each other?
Ang xxx

Pretty Lil Birdie said...

Thank you ladies for your lovely comments! x

@ Christie: My gal pal Zara has to take credit for that dress. She was the one who picked it up first. =) Thanks for your endearing comment. Have a happy holidays.

@ Candace: Thank you, yes, definitely be prepared when summer comes around. My pleasure for the comment and the following. Your blog is so pretty and informative. =) Have a happy holidays!

@ Chelsea: Yes, I am feeling a lot better. Thank you for dropping by with your sweet comments. Have a happy holidays.

@ Yileen: How exciting coming back here in Oz. Yes! Me too. Boxing Days sales are just great. I've actually got my eyes on somethings. Fingers crossed, they still have my size. Happy holidays.

@ Ashley Rae: Definitely retail therapy is the best! Just have to have the control. Great exercise to boot. =) Thanks for your comment. Have a happy holidays.

@ Mary: Thanks for dropping by and the follow! <3 your blog. Very Christmas-y. Consider me a follower too. =)

@ Sands: Thank you! Love the movie too. I've seen it about 3 times now. Just so light hearted and funny. Have a happy holidays.

@ Brooke: Thanks for dropping by. Yes, I love all of them. hehe.
Have a happy holidays.

@ Nnenna: I love them too. Unfortunately, I can't find them in Sydney stores and have to go online to buy. Thanks for dropping by. =)

@ Ellen: thanks! I like them too. =) Have a happy holidays!

@ Chesca: You are welcome. I love your song. You are truly talented. Thanks for the follow and dropping by. Have a happing holidays.

@ Marisa Noelle: Thank you. You can always stock up for summer. =) Thank you for dropping by and for following. Happy holidays.

@ Kathleen: You are welcome. You are so stylish and love your long hair! Definitely, Target is under rated as there are definitely great finds in there. Unfortunately, we don't have Urban Outfitters in Sydney but will definitely check them out online. Thanks for the tip =). Have a happy holidays! x

@ PrettyNiftyThriftyFashion: Thank you! I love them too. Don't worry, next time you know it, Spring is there. Besides, how cool to have a white Christmas. Just divine. Have a happy holidays. x

@ Chelsea Lane: Thanks for dropping by. Definitely cute movie on my list too. Have a happy holidays.

@ Angela: Very happy with my purchases. Thank you for such sweet comments. Have a happy holidays.

Theresa said...

Love your added in little story on why you shop! It's funny because it's never a subject one really questions.
I love the dress in the last picture and all your choices really!
Have a wonderful holiday! <3

Meredith said...

i love the sandals with the fabric yoyos. adorable!! I'm seriously in love. :)
YOURS, MINE AND OURS

Post a Comment

Back to Home Back to Top Pretty Lil Birdie.

Design by Urban Doll. Est. November 2009 ♡ Live life to the fullest ♡. Blog by Blogspot.

Website counter
free counters